Charmaine Voorhees Becken Charmaine Voorhees Becken is a Shareholder with the firm’s litigation group and focuses her practice on commercial and business litigation matters. She represents and advises individuals and corporate clients in disputes involving contracts, partnerships, banking, employment, fraud, fiduciary liability, and other business litigation issues. Charmaine garnered first and second chair trial experience early in her career and works on all aspects of litigation through trial and appellate levels. She has also worked extensively in the areas of estate planning/probate and family law.
She received her Juris Doctor degree from Texas A&M University School of Law in 2014. During law school, Charmaine served as a judicial extern for the Hon. Judge Martin Hoffman of the 68th District Court, participated in mock trial, and worked as a law clerk for litigation firms. She received a dual undergraduate degree in English and Philosophy with a minor in Business from Texas Christian University.
Charmaine is also proficient in Spanish.
- First chair jury trial receiving favorable verdict for international car rental company on both liability and Defendant made a zero dollar offer prior to trial.
- Obtained a judgment notwithstanding a jury verdict setting aside a five-figure jury verdict awarded in a case arising from misappropriation of business assets. Drafted, argued, and won a defense motion for summary judgment in a premises liability case seeking over $1.2 million in damages involving a commercial
- Received a take-nothing judgment for Defendant sued for breach of contract regarding promissory note.
- Represented national property management companies in several forcible detainer actions and received writs of possession in addition to favorable monetary judgments.
- Second chaired an injunction hearing in a declaratory judgment action regarding easement rights.
- Second chair at bench trials in divorce matters involving property and child custody issues.
- First chair experience at dispositive hearings establishing child support and visitation.
- Experience with estate planning, applications for independent administration, and probating wills as a Muniment of Title.
- State Bar of Texas, 2014
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas,
- The William “Mac” Taylor American Inn of Court (Barrister)
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Wellness Committee Co-Chair
- Courthouse Tour Committee
- Dallas Bar Association
- Junior League of Dallas, Music Therapy Placement
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Commercial Litigation, 2021-2023
- Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2020-2023