Sports & Entertainment Law
Our Sports & Entertainment Law practice has become a major focal point of the firm’s growth model. Our attorneys have developed a reputation as a leader in the sports and entertainment law fields.
The sports and entertainment worlds are dynamic and complex. Successful maneuvering in these industries requires impeccable legal advice on a wide range of topics. Thus, individuals and businesses need a law firm capable of providing advice and representation on a vast array of topics.
Our attorneys have tremendous experience providing elite legal services for sensible rates in many areas relevant to the sports and entertainment industries:
- Corporate structuring
- Trademark protection
- Protection against and prosecution of intellectual property rights violations
- Negotiating and drafting of documents for the transfer of ownership interests in a professional sports franchise
- Working with professional sports league officials to effectuate an authorized transfer of ownership
- Providing outside counsel for a professional sports franchise regarding compliance with league bylaws
- Negotiating and drafting of licensing agreements
- Negotiating and drafting of leasing agreements, including but not limited to stadium leases
- Negotiating and drafting of employment agreements
- Representing in administrative proceedings
- Estate planning
- Civil litigation
Our attorneys also serve in leadership positions in both the Sports Lawyers Association and the Dallas Bar Association’s Entertainment, Art & Sports Law Section.