Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D. (1974),
- Student Chief Counsel of the SMU Legal Clinic
Spring Hill College, B.A. (1969)
Areas of Focus
As Vice President of our firm Joe Collins brings over 35 years of experience in handling a broad array of commercial, tort, and probate litigation. He uses his extensive background to provide an early and effective analysis of client cases setting the stage for informed decisions and results.
Joe was recognized for leadership skills both in the Army (bronze star) and in law school as Student Chief Counsel. He leads Kessler Collins into the future with his recent focus and special interest in water law and its impact on Texas citizens and businesses. Joe has served as an adjunct professor at the University of Dallas.
- Texas Bar, 1974
- United States District Court (Northern, Western and Southern Districts of Texas)
- United States Court of Appeals (Fifth Circuit)
- United States Tax Court
- Supreme Court of the United States
- American Bar Association (Litigation Section)
- Dallas Bar Association
- Served as adjunct professor, of law courses, at the University of Dallas
- Army platoon leader in Vietnam
- Bronze Star Medal